Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about MDInterview (MDI)
1. What are the advantages to the patient from using MDI? Easy access via any web-accessible device (computers, iPads, smart phones, etc.); Can save time for both the patient and the provider (e.g., often patients getting their bio-psychosocial evaluations don’t have to come into the mental health professional provider’s office, because the provider can make a phone call to the patient after receiving the patient’s online bio-psychosocial history and complete the assessment and plan over the phone; enables patients to give comprehensive and grammatically-correct histories.
2. Is the patient information kept confidential? Yes. Only the customer service and software engineers have emergency access to the application and data stored on the domain. However, the patients, through their respective provider(s), have access to the clinical information provided. MDI also uses technology industry and regulatory security standards in keeping with the Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act.
3. How long does MDI safely and securely store the patient information? For one year. Your healthcare provider (by law) retains this patient information much longer (usually 5 years or longer).
4. While patients are using MDI to give their medical history can they stop and start up again as needed, and if so, will the information be saved so they can resume where they left off without starting all over? Yes and Yes.
5. Can the patient see and change the medical history before MDInterview.com sends it to the provider? Yes. As the patient responds to the interview, they may select the "Back" button and change previous responses. When the patient changes a response, MDInterview.com instantly rewrites the report according to the changed response. However, once the patient completes the interview, no other changes can be made.
6. How long does it typically take for a patient to complete his/her medical history using MDI? 20 – 40 minutes. However, the patient can complete it at his/her own time convenience.
7. Does MDI have a help line to call if needed? Yes. Although MDI is very simple to use and to-date there have been no significant operational problems, there is contact information posted on the MDI website.
8. Are the questions in the bio-psychosocial history evidence-based and credible? Yes. The questions used are consistent with other bio-psychosocial survey instruments. The unique MDI software was patented in 2-17-2015. Please see the attached MDI Fact Sheet.
9. Is there a patient workflow sheet that one can read? Yes. There are several materials posted on the web-site that show the different phases in the MDI process as well as specific work flows.
Please note: Below is a step by step guide through the brief Patient Registration process which precedes the Patient Interview.